You borrowed some books from a local library. Unfortunately, you have to go away to visit your brother, who is living in some other city and could not return the book in time. Write a letter to the librarian. Explain what has happened and what you want to do about it?

Photo by Abby Chung from Pexels


 Respected Sir,

I am writing this letter to seek apology for the unforeseen delay in the return of books which you issued me as per my request.

I am a regular visitor to your library. I do have a membership card. My card no is XYZ 55555. I had taken some books from the library three days ago which I am supposed to return tomorrow. But unfortunately, I have to go to some other state to see my cousin brother who is very sick. I am the only relative of him in this town. I came to him today early morning and he is very critical and hospitalized since yesterday. Doctors are saying they will keep him under observation for 3 days as he is detected with coronavirus. So, I cannot come back for 4 more days.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused because I know a number of people come to the library daily and every book is important for you. I will pay for all the fines and duties that are related to the books that I have. I really apologize for all this. I hope you will understand the situation. I will come and see you personally regarding this as soon as possible.

Kindly consider my request and please don't charge fines for missing the anticipated day of returning the book. 

Yours faithfully,

ABC.

Previous
Next Post »